Performance Nutrition infographic
The purpose of the EIS Performance Nutrition team is to unleash the power of food so that athletes have more:
- Time to train: By reducing the risk of injury and illness
- Effective training: By facilitating the adaptive response to training
- Competition performance: Through a wide range of interventions from getting the food right in the competition hotel to ergogenic aids
We do this by ensuring everything we do has line of sight of performance.
We work in three areas:
- Sport specific strategies: Nutrition strategies that focus on the demands of the sport
- Fundamental food behaviours: Getting the basic diet of an athlete in place
- Individualised food plans: We help athletes and coaches understand what to eat, when to eat around training and why this impacts on performance
When all are in place, impact happens.
We take a team approach to ensure a sport has one practitioner but the brains of the whole EIS Performance Nutrition team so we can be greater than the sum of our parts.